Monday, May 24, 2010

Saturday Adventure: Big Creek to Green Castle Hill

The 5am hikers group is great.  I keep wondering how they come up with such great places to hike to.  Although this is only my second hike, I do it more for the places than the exercise.  Of course the exercise is great, but these are places I will not get to visit very often unless I am in a group.  Today really reminded me of my childhood excursions in my back yard! Lots of beautiful views.

This hike was so tough, breaks were needed.  And I mean every step of the way.



This was a true hike.  Not much flat area and a challenging uphill hike to Green Castle Hill.  I didn't find a castle (joke: there really is no castle), but the view was to spectacular.  Not quite a 360 degree view but close enough.




This is a view of what is known as "Body Pond" located in Buckleys.  It is area that the EAG (Environmental Awareness Group) is working hard to plant trees and reduce the presence of Fever Grass.

This is a direct view of Buggy Peak (renamed as Mount Obama)
 

It has been raining for the past few days and there was a very light drizzle when I  left home but, a heavy downpour never materialized.

I even made a new friend!