Monday, June 07, 2010

Saturday Adventure: Getting my butt kicked!

I am thoroughly convinced that I have no endurance what so ever.  I got my butt whooped by McNish.  The best hike on my list so far.  I didn't think I could make the upward climb and said silent prayers as there was no way I could turn back or take a long rest.  My only option was to keep climbing.  If I was an emotional person, I would have done the Rocky Balboa dance at the top.  I had to hang unto the back of guy's t-shirt to help me along.  Once at the top, the prize was the view.  Once I was at the top, I forgot all about the hike up, but for sure did not want to go down the same way.  The route down was the most scenic.  I couldn't take pictures on the way, but took lots of those on the way down.

This is the only picture I took when we started the uphill trek.  It got worse!!!!
This is where I felt flat on my butt!
The brush and palm trees were thick and high.
Lots of mango trees, but they were all still green.
The trees in this area were very tall.  That is one very very tall coconut tree!
Some type of stream flows here doing the rainy season.

***THE END***