Friday, July 02, 2010

Electrical Exitement: March Recap

Maybe I should have preceded this with a **nerd** warning.

I am so excited, I have hit a new low figure for my electricity bill.    This is the results I am looking for, a reduction in my bill.  And also, I got a discount for paying on time which was even better.  Just picture me with thick glasses and a knitted hat doing a little dance as I am reading my spread sheet.

My March bill for a 40-day period totaled $193.50.  With the discount applied paying by the due date (grace period of 60 days), it was $174.15.  That means for a 30-day period, the actual billing figure was $130.61, almost $20 below goal.

This is the best 30-day billing I have gotten so far.

I hope to do better, but....it is getting hot and I have had to have my trusty old fan running at night and sometimes during the day.  If I am hope I try to keep it cool by having all the windows and doors open, the curtains drawn and periodically fanning with an old newspaper.

30 day Billing Recap

Jan $155.52 ugh!
Feb Mar $166.47 OMG, WTH
Mar $130.61 Goal!